The International Masonry Training and Education Foundation has introduced a paid maternity disability benefit to support pregnant craftworkers represented by the International Union of Bricklayers and Allied Craftworkers.
To be eligible, you must:
- Be a BAC craftworker in the U.S.
- Have performed at least 1,000 hours of “Covered Employment” for which required contributions have been paid within the 12 months immediately preceding the onset of your pregnancy-related disability or the birth of your child(ren).
- $600 a week for up to 6 weeks immediately following a traditional delivery, or up to 8 weeks following a c-section.
- $600 per week if you are certified by your physician to be unable to work due to a pregnancy-related physical illness or condition (no sooner than your 4th month of pregnancy).
- Your total combined benefit for pre- and post-delivery periods is capped at 26 weeks.